Yellow Dress Challenge
Join Fabric Mart and The McCall Pattern Company in the Yellow Dress Challenge!
We are loving the new pattern from Vogue #V1671. The fit and flare design, the shaped bands, the two-length variation and side seam pockets are spot on and we want to see what you can do!
From February 24-April 10, 2020, sew up and post your finished #V1671 on Instagram or Facebook and you could be chosen to win a $100 gift certificate from Fabric Mart and a $100 worth of patterns from The McCall Pattern Company ($200 total value.) Please note: You do not need to use yellow fabric or fabric purchased from Fabric Mart to be considered.
To enter, you must use #yellowdresschallenge AND follow and tag both @fabricmart and @mccallpatterncompany! That's it! Get those sewing machines going!!
Open to US residents, 18 years or older. See official rules below.
Other Yellow Dress Challenge Links:
- OFFICIAL RULES
NO PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE FABRIC MART & MCCALL'S "YELLOW DRESS CHALLENGE" (THE CONTEST.)
1) CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on or about 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 24, 2020, and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET (US) on April 10, 2020 (“Contest Period”). All entries must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. ET (US) on April 10, 2020.
2) ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is only open to residents of the US who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, members, and employees of Fabric Mart, Inc. and CSS Industries, Inc. and its subsidiaries, or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Contest, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse) of such individuals. This Contest is void outside the Territory, and where prohibited by law.
3) HOW TO ENTER & SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Qualifying garments are those sewn from Vogue Patterns #V1671. The finished product must closely resemble the initial pattern. Fabric choice and color(s) are up to the participant. Dress does not need to be yellow or purchased from Fabric Mart to be considered.
You may enter (become an “Entrant”) by one of two methods
1) Instagram Entry: To enter the Contest via Instagram, during the Contest period go to www.Instagram.com and (i) if you already have an Instagram account, log on using your Instagram username and password, then post a picture or video of your qualifying garment with #yellowdresschallenge (the “Instagram Entry”), or (ii) if you do not already have a Instagram account, create a free Instagram account according to the instructions on the Instagram Site, then post an Instagram Entry as indicated in (i) above. If you enter via Instagram, you must follow @fabricmart and @mccallpatterncompany to be eligible to win. You must also tag each of those corresponding accounts.
2) Facebook Entry: To enter the Contest via Facebook, during the Contest period, go to www.Facebook.com and (i) if you already have a Facebook account, log on using your Facebook username and password, then go to http://www.facebook.com/fabricmart and http://www.facebook.com/mccallpatterncompany and post a picture or video of your qualifying garment with #yellowdresschallenge (the “Facebook Entry”), or (ii) if you do not already have a Facebook account, create a free Facebook account according to the instructions on the Facebook Site, then post a Facebook Entry as indicated in (i) above. If you enter via Facebook, you must follow @fabricmartfabrics and mccallpatterncompany to be eligible to win. You must also tag each of those corresponding accounts.
Individually and together Instagram Entries and Facebook Entries will be referred to as an “Entry” or “Entries.” No other forms of entry are permitted. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor, and not to any of the social media platforms used as method of entry. If you choose to submit an Instagram Entry or a Facebook Entry via your web-enabled mobile device, data rates may apply. See your wireless service provider for details on rates and capabilities.
Guidelines: Your submission must contain the #yellowdresschallenge designation in order to qualify. Images should not contain brand names, brand logos, copyrighted material (other than fabric designs) or trademarks (other than those owned by you). Further, your images must not be obscene or otherwise inappropriate, unlawful or offensive, and must not violate or infringe upon another’s rights (including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights). Images in violation of the terms of these Official Rules will not be accepted as a submission or entered in the Contest. It is your responsibility to ensure that your submitted images do not infringe or violate the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party or any laws. Late entries will not be accepted. Entries may not be submitted through agencies or third parties.
4) WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. One winner will be selected on or about the week of April 13, 2020 (the “Judging Date”) by a judging panel made up of Fabric Mart andMcCall’s marketing team. Winners will be selected based on the following criteria: execution, fit, choice of fabric, representation of the sewer’s own style, and photography of the finished piece. The determination of the judges for each of these criteria and the overall selection shall be final. One entrant will be selected as a winner and will receive (1) $100 gift certificate for FabricMartFabrics.com and (1) $100 worth of patterns from The McCall Pattern Company. The odds of winning will depend on the number of qualified Entries received. Entrants will be informed that they have won via direct message on the social platform they used for the winning Entry. Winners will also be announced via posts on Sponsor’s Instagram account (@fabricmart and @mccallpatterncompany) and Facebook page (Fabric Mart and The McCall Pattern Company) during the week of April 13, 2020.
If Sponsor is, for any reason, unable to contact a winner, a winner does not reply to notification, or fails to timely execute an requested affidavit of eligibility, liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), or is found to have violated the Official Rules or is otherwise determined to be ineligible, the potential winner will be disqualified and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate winner from all remaining Entries.
5) PRIZE DESCRIPTION. (1) winner will receive (1) $100 gift certificate for FabricMartFabrics.com and (1) $100 worth of patterns from The McCall Pattern Company. The total retail value of all prizes to be awarded is USD $00.00.
6) TAXES. All national, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
7) OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE. The copyright in any Submission shall remain the property of the Entrant, but entry into this Contest constitutes Entrant’s irrevocable and perpetual permission and consent, without further compensation, with or without attribution, to Sponsor’s use of the Submission, and the Entrant’s name and/or likeness, for editorial, advertising, trade, commercial, and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor, in any and all media now in existence or hereinafter created, throughout the world, for the duration of the copyright in the Submission. Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, and modify the Submission.
8) NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. The prize may not be substituted unless Sponsor is required to modify or substitute the prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
9) RELEASE OF LIABILITY. By participating, the Entrant agrees to a) abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects; b) release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent company and subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, licensees, directors, officers and employees, suppliers, legal and financial advisers (collectively “Releasees”), from all liability, claims or damages including injury or death, arising out of their participation in the Contest and the acceptance, use or misuse of a prize. Releases are not responsible for and shall have no liability for printing or typographical errors in any Contest -related material; or for any stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries; or for entries that are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction; or for any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit Entrant’s ability to participate in the promotion. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winners.
10) RESERVATION OF RIGHTS. If for any reason Contest cannot be conducted as planned for causes beyond Sponsor’s control, which, in its sole opinion, affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest, and/or may select the winner from among all Entries received prior to the action taken. Further, Sponsor reserves the right to refuse any Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at its sole discretion at any time and will use reasonable endeavors to notify material changes to Entrants and potential entrants. In the event the Contest is terminated prior to the stated end date, Sponsor reserves the right but has no obligation to award the prizes.
Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with Contest, shall be resolved individually through arbitration, without resort to any form of class action or litigation in court. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees. The Contest and these Official Rules shall be construed and governed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of Entrants or Sponsor or Releases in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other country or state laws.
Sponsor is not responsible for the actions of Entrants in connection with the Contest, including Entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the Contest. Anyone tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest may be disqualified. Any attempt to cheat the Contest may result in immediate disqualification of the Entrant, as well as other possible consequences, including disqualification from any future Contest.
13) LIST OF WINNERS: For a complete list of winners, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject: Winner/ YELLOW DRESS CHALLENGE between April 15-May 15, 2020.